Monday, April 16, 2012

Visit to the Farm

For our March field trip, we went to Historic Oak View County Park in Raleigh. The kids were shown what life was like back in the 1800s. The tour was fantastic, and I was impressed with all the kids learned in a short period of time. We learned about raising cotton, why kitchens were in a separate building away from the house, how to wash clothes and other daily chores, and what it would take to make a pizza from scratch.




Tenaya, Karis and Topenga petting a large goat.



Karis washing her clothes!



She got to pick her own piece of cotton and pull the seeds out. It was a lot more work than she anticipated.



Noah got to milk a "fake" cow!

Next installment some more superheros, and what I have been finally learning to do, my favorite new hobby!

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Oops I deleted my post on accident! Looks like fun! I just read your comment and wanted to let you know that I(with Chris' help) actually took most of those pictures in our front yard. Of course, we love Lori's picture and she did a great one for us at the church! I only say that to mention that I'm seriously considering doing some (very casual) prof. photography on the side as a creative way to contribute to our finances a little. Of course, I have a long way to go and definitely need some more experience and education first. So, I'm practicing and reading up on my camera notes with extra special attention these days. All of this to say that I'm at the very beginning of this maybe endeavor, so please be praying that God might open that door if it's in his will. Thanks! :-)