Monday, April 30, 2012

1st Annual Girls Retreat




Last week, Karis and I went on our 1st Annual Girls Retreat!  We went to a friend's beach house to spend the night and have some uninterrupted girl time.  I have been looking forward to this for awhile.  We arrived on Thursday night at the beach house after eating dinner at our favorite place.  We unpacked, surveyed the land, and curled up for a good movie, Ever After, thanks to my friend Lori.

We went to bed rather late, and it took awhile for us to go to sleep, nothing like girls being silly!  I was expecting to get to sleep in late, but at 6:40, YES I SAID 6:40, Karis said is it time to get up yet!  After a few minutes of cuddle time, we got up and went outside to read our Bibles.



We enjoyed an hour or so of Bible reading, listening to the birds, and watching a squirrel a scale a tree.


Breakfast consisted of her favorite, cereal bar and a banana.  I of course had to have a few cups of coffee!!!
We got dressed and ventured out to the beach to walk, talk, pick up sea shells, and see something Karis has never seen before:


TONS OF JELLYFISH! 

We spent a few hours on the beach, and Karis didn't even get wet!  She felt the water with her toes and realized it was too cold.  




This picture depicts the theme and attitude of the retreat, I am FREE!  We were free to discuss our feelings, not do any school work, talk about whatever came to mind, and do whatever Karis wanted to do. I think this freedom of her being in charge, to a certain extent, was good for her and she came out of her shell some.  We read books together, went for golf cart rides, walked, but most of all, I got to know my sweet girl a little better.  I got to listen to her, and she actually opened up.  It is an honor to be Karis' mom, and I am so thankful for her.  I am also thankful to God for this special time.


This is Karis' picture debut.  She took this picture with my camera.

No comments: