Monday, April 23, 2012

Papa John Update

My dad went for his two week check up at MD Anderson today.  His doctor is very pleased with his recovery and decided to go ahead and schedule his chemo treatment.  There were no cancer cells found in his lymph nodes, but his doctor said that since his tumor was over 4 centimeters (it was actually 4.5cm) that he would need to do four rounds of chemo.  The treatments will be every three weeks, so at least he will have a few weeks in between to recover his strength.

I cannot express how grateful I am to all who have prayed and stood beside us through this time.  God continues to show me His faithfulness and love to all of my family.  Even though my heart aches to be there with my dad, I know that His Creator, Redeemer, and Healer is with him.  It comforts me to know that my dad is in His hands!

1 comment:

The Bente Family said...

I am so glad that he is recovering nicely.