Monday, January 24, 2011

Happy Birthday Karis Ann!

Six, as I think that Karis is six, this small three letter word holds a huge chunk of time. Already, I have seen her grow so much, from an infant to a toddler, to a now truly BIG girl. She no longer needs me to help her do things, in fact, one of her favorite things to do is unload the dishwasher! (I do still have to tie her shoes, we are working on that!)

Karis is so much like me, she likes a schedule. She wants me to "tell her about the day" at night before bed so that she will know what to expect the next day. She doesn't like to deviate from our plan, but is ready in to time to make a quick trip to the store. I love watching her interact with Noah. She is patient with him, encourages him in whatever he is doing, and shares "most" of her things with him with a happy heart. In fact, she bought a gift for him for her birthday, what a thoughtful girl!

Karis also enjoys dancing and being silly. Her giggles are contagious even though they are only around us, she is still very shy around other people. She keeps me laughing most of the day, and she is a fantastic helper around the house. I am thankful for that! It is a joy to cook dinner with her especially when she wants to help, she mostly likes to help with the baking, who can blame her!

I have seen you grow in your knowledge of our Savior this year, you are starting to put names to your sins and Mommy's. I am thankful that you enjoy listening to the Bible and memorizing God's Word. I pray that God will continue to open your heart to Him and draw you into His flock.

Karis you are a treasure and blessing to us. I cannot imagine life without your quirky smile, sweet giggles, big hugs, and your presence. I love you more than words can express. I am grateful for these last six years, and I can't wait to see what God has in store for the next six.

Here are a few pictures that sum up this last year:












HAPPY BIRTHDAY KARIS ANN!
WE LOVE YOU SO MUCH!

No comments: