Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Deep in the Snow of North Carolina!

We woke up Sunday morning after Christmas to a very DEEP winter wonderland. This was the second time it snowed this winter, the first time, the kids and I were in Texas. Around 10:00am, we decided to venture out into this abyss of snow, and an abyss it was, especially for little legs like Noah's and Calvin's! (Note to self: having a pair of snow boots might be a good idea when it has snowed every year that you have lived here in NC.) By the way, I did get us some last week, hopefully the snow will visit us again soon.
This was the first time Noah really enjoyed himself. As you will see from the pictures, the snow was up to his thighs. Calvin won the prize for funniest looking dog EVER! I had not idea that the snow would stick to his legs like it did!


We got 8 and a half inches of snow.

Karis and I made snow angels, while Calvin and Noah tried to stay on their feet. Pour Calvin looked like he was trudging through a trench, but he loved it. He was prancing around the whole time.



In case you were wondering about the title of the post, "Deep in the Heart of Texas," is a very familiar song sung by Texans. I like the play on words since the snow was so deep, and like I have said, I still have a lot of Texas left in me!


2 comments:

BoldLion said...

I love every pictures of them. I am looking forward for another snowstorm again but not icestorm.

Have fun in the snow!

Hungry to eat His Word,
'Guerite ~ BoldLion

Judy Marquart said...

Jeanna ... I am Judy, Michelle Tombrella's aunt that lives in Houston. I was wondering if it would be possible -- and would you be willing? -- to email me the picture of your little dog Calvin with the snow all over him? It is so cute, and I'd love to have a print of it. If not, I understand!! My email is judymarquart@peoplepc.com.