Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Christmas Eve and Day

Our family opened all our presents on Christmas Eve. That is the tradition in our house, leaving our stockings for Christmas morning. We all got some great gifts as you can tell by Karis' expression in the collage!




We spent the rest of Christmas Eve playing and learning about our new toys. I was so thankful for my new Bible, the spine of my other one was coming off. Before we opened gifts, Justin told the kids the Christmas story using out "Little People" nativity set and Lori's hand puppets that she made Karis a few years ago. (I love to watch my kids engage with Justin when he speaks God's Word to them, they seem to really listen and focus when he teaches them. What a blessing and joy for me!).





Wise men bowing down to the Savior!


On Christmas day, we ate some yummy cinnamon rolls for breakfast, played with our new toys, and hung out together. After lunch, the kids helped me make Jesus' birthday cake, as in another one of our traditions. I decided to just let them take over all the decorating without any help or guidance, that was a little tricky for me since I like decorating cakes. The finished product turned out pretty good I might add!


eating the decorations and decorating the cake



Happy Birthday Jesus!


One of Justin's Christmas presents was a fire pit. We gave it to him early so we have been enjoying it most of December. We have made smores, sat and talked, and the kids' favorite thing is throwing pine cones in the fire to see the flame go up!

Kids testing out Daddy's Christmas present!

No comments: