Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Early Mornings and Rain

I woke up this morning to the sound of rain, which usually causes me to turn over and go back to sleep. Rain has this effect on my body that makes me want to sleep no matter what. However, with God's help, I threw off the covers and rolled out of bed. What a sweet time and fellowship I had with my Savior, reading the Word, confessing sin and praying for others. God reminded me of His presence in the early mornings, and how I should long for it and desire it. Rising early is so vital for my days to go well, for me to have confessed sin, prayed for strength, patience, and thankfulness no matter what the day holds. Rising early allows me time to be with the only One who can give me peace throughout the day.
Rain, what a blessing from God. He takes care of His creation by providing rain to do so many things. Just when I am tempted to worry or fret about something, God sends rain to remind me that no matter what He is in control of all things. I am thankful that God has opened my eyes to see my need for this Savior, the One who holds all things in His hands.

2 comments:

BoldLion said...

Wonderful post! I do like to sleep in, but I love to get up early too! Crazy for me.

I am thankful for the rain for my garden too and for others.

We all need to be eating His Word in the morning and thanking Him for everything.

Hungry to eat His Word,
'Guerite ~ BoldLion

Michelle said...

I know the feeling about when its' raining in the morning and wanting to just go back to sleep...
Thanks for the reminder of the benefits of rising early!