Sunday, May 10, 2009

To My Dear Mother on Mother's Day!

Mom-

Thank you for

being patient with me and nursing me back to health as a baby,
teaching and modeling modesty to me,
encouraging and supporting me in sports and school,
being my biggest cheerleader on the sidelines,
grounding me in Christ,
teaching me how to love the home and do all the daily chores with a happy heart,
offering forgiveness after I failed,
teaching me that sometimes being the best means being last,
knowing that only chicken and dumplings can heal my sick body,
spurring me on as I love, train, and discipline my own children,
simply being the best woman I know, my best friend and my mom.

I love you Mom, miss you already!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Great job honoring your Mom! What a gem she is and how blessed you are to have her!