Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Banana Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Muffins

Thanks to a recipe blog that I visit often, my family and I enjoyed these muffins for breakfast.

Banana Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Muffins

4 Tablespoons softened butter
2 eggs
2 ripe bananas, mashed
1 cup plain low-fat vanilla yogurt
2/3 cup sugar
heaping 1/4 cup peanut butter

1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon baking powder

1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips

1/4 cup coarse sugar
1/2 cup shredded sweetened coconut
(I left both of these off the recipe)

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place butter, eggs, bananas, yogurt, sugar, and peanut butter into a large mixing bowl. Mix to combine. Place all dry ingredients into a separate large bowl and stir to combine. Slowly add wet ingredients along with chocolate chips until combined.
2. Scoop into muffin tins lined with paper cups 2/3 full. Sprinkle with coarse sugar and shredded coconut. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.

Makes 12 servings.

These were very tasty and filling. I would defiantly recommend to anyone who likes muffins, it is going to be a stable in our house from now on!

3 comments:

BoldLion said...

I wish that I can eat this but not with Peanut Butter! OUCH! I will miss the fun eating this.

I do hope this will continue to bless others to make them for their lovely family!

First of all, I am hungry to eat His Word!
'Guerite ~ BoldLion

aunt courtney said...

My brother actually ate this?

Crystal @ A Well-Feathered Nest said...

Hey Jeanna! Those sound so yummy! I'd love you forever if you would send me a link to the blogs you like for good recipes. I'm still polishing my kitchen skills...after almost 8 years.

Also, I've been asking everyone I see about this, but do you have any good suggestions for lunches. That's the hardest for me since we're trying to keep Justin eating at home more.

The kids are getting so BIG! and cute.