Monday, January 21, 2008

New Normal

Noah is 6 weeks old today. Time really has flown by, and life is getting back to our new "normal." I am not really sure what normal is anymore, but I am able to function on a few more hours of sleep as Noah is getting into a routine. He has been sleeping between 5-6 hours at night now and then waking up in the morning around 7:30. God is good, and I am so thankful that He has kept me well during this time. I am also thankful for the "Baby Wise" book that was recommended to me. It has really helped me with Noah, and he is thriving. I am enjoying being a mother of two.
Karis' three year birthday is Thursday, Jan. 24. Where does the time go? By her request, I am going to make her a "Calvin" cake, that is a cake that has our dog on it. (He is a Westie). We will see how this turns out.
God continues to bring visitors to our church. Justin and the other elders are holding a new members class on Sat. There are supposed to be about 12 people there. This is really exciting for our church. Every week, I am challenged by the preaching and opening of God's Word. What a blessing to be in a church where God's Word is proclaimed and lived out by its leaders and members.
We just bought a web cam and so did my parents. I can't wait to talk to them and be able to see their faces. I know that Karis will really enjoy seeing them too. When I tried to explain to her that we would be able to see my parents when we talk to them on the computer, she said, "I will just wait til they come visit me." Only a child would be so self-centered. Actually, I think at times we are all that way, we just don't voice it. (I know I am, leave it to our children to help point out our sin). She thinks that my parents only come to see her! How funny!
I know this was some random thoughts, but I just wanted to let you all know what has been going on.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I did Baby Wise with Peter and it was such a blessing! I am glad to hear that things are working out well - doesn't it just make you feel like a new woman to get a few extra hours of sleep at night?! :) Love you!
Keri

Anonymous said...

I did Baby Wise with Peter and it was such a blessing! I am glad to hear that things are working out well - doesn't it just make you feel like a new woman to get a few extra hours of sleep at night?! :) Love you!
Keri

laura said...

glad to hear you're doing well with two babies. i know it's difficult on little sleep, but the Lord is so faithful to give you the rest you "need" not that you "want" (i'm talking to myself here as well- all three were up last night!) have a wonderful day- i love you.

The Taras' said...

Congratulations by the way on your new baby boy. That is really neat!

I did baby wise with Naomi and I LOVED it. It made things so easy. I was no longer running around my house like a circus trying to figure out what to do. Plus it helped when I dropped her off with others, they knew what to do and when. I am a big advocate of scheduling children.

I think it helps too- to ward off the temptation to have a child centered home. They go down right when you plan for them too and then you can focus on time with your hubby or getting other things accomplished. Plus it gives you the assurance that its OKAY for them to cry....it encouraged me that I didnt have to pick her up right away... I am glad that you guys were introduced to that book. Its a great tool.

Glad that you are getting sleep and things are going well. I can't believe Karis is almost three. Time really flys, doesn't it!

SK said...

Sounds like you are settling down and everything will fall in place.