Friday, December 21, 2007

Catching Up!

I can't believe that Noah is now 10 days old. It has been a roller coaster for me, trying to nurse and not getting much rest. I am so thankful that my parents are here. I don't know how I would manage without them. My mom and dad have both been wonderful and very supportive of me in my decision to stop nursing and bottle feed. I had issues with Karis at four months and was always wondering if she was getting enough milk. Those issues have not been far from my mind during this attempt at nursing and it was literally consuming my thoughts. After much prayer and other difficulties nursing, I decided that bottle feeding was going to be the best thing for our family. Thank you Justin for being supportive and allowing God to teach me through this. You are such a blessing, and I don't deserve you. Thank you Mom and Dad for always giving me your unconditional love and support and your opinions on things. You are all a treasure to me.
We still have almost five more days with my parents before they leave. It continues to be a wonderful visit and a time of joy with them celebrating the birth of Noah and playing with Karis non-stop, thanks Dad, as Karis always says, "Papa John, come play with me!"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

If there is one thing that motherhood has taught me, it is that every kid is different and has different needs! I'm glad that you have the support around you to be able to determine what is best for both of you and to carry that out! We're praying for you guys as you adjust to life with your newest family member!!! Merry Christmas!

laura said...

glad you are doing better- i agree with sarah- you are such a great mom

Anonymous said...

Guess I'm too small of a person to mention. ha! ha! I noticed that about your blog, it is always about your side of the family. Oh well, Hope you guys are doing good. I had fun while I was up there. Hope I get to come again soon. Tell everyone hello from Aunt Courtney. Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

What a blessing to have your family close during the holiday and also during the first couple weeks of Noah's birth. Motherhood is tough and the decision to switch to the bottle is no reflection on your parenting. You just have to do what is right for you and your family! I hope your New Year is filled with lots of pitter patter and laughter!