Tuesday, September 12, 2006

First Service and House Hunting

We will be having our first service on Sunday September 17. It will be more of a get together than a full blown service. We will be doing lots of prayer, and Justin will share a message from God's Word. Praise the Lord! I am so excited about being feed and Justin being able to use his God-given gift of preaching. I am in charge of getting everything ready for the nursery. Since at this moment, I am the only one who has a vested interest because Karis is really the only child. I know now why God had me working at Mother's Day Out at FBC Beaumont, I needed to learn the skills to be able to run a nursery well. Thank you FBC! Please continue to pray for us as we start this great adventure of church.
We did get an offer on our house this last week. Praise the Lord again! It is a good one, and the Lord continues to show us His leading and His will by "meeting all our needs." We are still looking at houses here. I just haven't found "it." I keep telling Justin I will know when we have found the right one. For some reason I just feel like God is still telling us to wait, the right house is out there. Thank goodness that the Dales aren't getting tired of us yet! :)
God has shown me His goodness and His everlasting comfort this week. Last week on Thursday I had a small melt down. Karis decided not to take a nap, and I didn't get any rest from her. I also didn't have a car and couldn't go anywhere. God gave me strength and I made it through, but it was hard. She is now still havinng a hard time taking naps again. I pray this is only a phase, I am not ready for her to outgrow naps yet.

2 comments:

laura said...

Don't LET her outgrow her nap- she will try if you let her!! Beth went through that, i remember, and keep being consistent. How was MOPS today? talk to you later-
i love you!

Anonymous said...

Hi! Jeanna,

Hang in there. We do all need nap and so does she.
I enjoyed playing with her on Sunday night. She is quite a entertainer. I love her. I am looking forward when my turns comes to "babysit" her. She is so special.
As for house shopping, let the peace of the Lord leads you to the right house and surely He will let you know.
In Christ,
Bold as a Lion