Monday, November 26, 2012

Zoo Field Trip 2012

A few weeks ago, we took a family field trip to the North Carolina Zoo!  It was our third time to go, and we were not disappointed.  This time Noah really enjoyed himself and kept saying it was the best day ever!  We had just finished our study of the human body for science, so we decided to go see some of the animals we would be studying for the rest of our science year.  The kids were very disappointed that the polar bear exhibit was closed due to repairs, but I think the baby gorillas made up for it.



The first picture on the bridge again!





Letting sleeping bears lie!



Daddy and  his munchkins!






How many frogs do you see in this picture?






Family pic



Reenactment of Noah in the ostrich egg






Giraffes always fascinate me.



The kids are making their own lion face!



Two baby gorillas with their mommies and daddy.  Watching them interact was so exciting and fascinating.  We spent a good hour just sitting and laughing at them.



Last of all, the lone chimpanzee.  He looks so much like I act like when I don't get what I want.  Oh how embarrassing is that. If I could only think about how I would look if I did this in public. Oh Lord, please convict my heart when it looks like this!

We had a fun filled day with many new memories.  Seeing God's creation is one of my favorite things. It always reminds me of His vastness and that He is too lofty for us to comprehend.

No comments: