Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Cousins, Blue Bell, and Memaw

After visiting with Justin's family, the kids and I headed to visit mine. Our first few days, when Justin was with us, we spent some time with my folks and my Memaw. We did our late Christmas with my brother and his family, which was great, as usual! We then headed to see Justin's family until he flew back home.
It is always so fun to watch the girls and Noah play together. With Brooklynn and Karis being the same age, and Madison being almost 13 (ahhh!) Noah loves all the girl attention, especially playing with Madi. She is so good with him, a very sweet cousin! The cousins did a lot of playing, and Madi and I got a chance to do some peppering (a volleyball warm up drill). One morning, I stayed at my parents with all the kids, and Madi and I played for about two hours on and off. I felt my age the next morning when my tail bone was so soar I could hardly walk; I forgot I wasn't 23 anymore!


I think riding the four wheeler is the kids favorite thing, especially now that Madi can drive them.


Noah, Brooklynn, and Karis sitting on Papa John's tractor!

I don't know why I never have pictures of my folks or brother and sister in law. I think I get too caught up in the moment and forget to take pictures. We, or maybe I should say I, ate lots of Blue Bell!
On another note, my Memaw, my dad's mom, is not doing very well. She was in the hospital most of our visit, and now she is home with my parents. She is almost 93 years old and has lived a faithful God-honoring life. She is a faithful prayer warrior, and I pray that I will leave a legacy like she has when I am gone. I love you Memaw and thank you for always pointing me to our Savior, trusting in His plan.


No comments: