Monday, March 14, 2011

Friends in Sickness

The last five days in our house have been full of fever, throw up, and other things. All except me have been hit by this virus, so I am just waiting my turn patiently as I take care of them. The boys are now on the mend, thankfully, but I have been so thankful for my "friends in sickness."


1. The handheld shampooer, thanks to my friend Lori for letting me borrow hers. I will have to get my own! (Maybe I should just buy her a new one and keep hers, especially after using it to clean up throw up!).


2. Lots of laundry detergent because the washing machine hasn't stopped going. I had to make some more today after I ran out this morning.


3. My kitchen aide mixer which has whipped up some homemade soft pretzels today. I also just really really LIKE my mixer, I use it all the time!



4. Clorox, clorox wipes, and lysol to disinfect the air, the floors, the tub, the sinks, the toilet, my kids and husband (oh wait, I didn't really use it on them, I wish I could though!).


These last five days have been a testimony of God's patience and gentleness with me, as I have had to be these fruits of the spirit to my family, God has reminded me that He is those fruits and all the rest every minute of everyday with me. I can honestly say that this week, I have been able to find joy and thankfulness serving my family and cleaning up things I would prefer not to, only by His grace!

4 comments:

Lori said...

Hoping you all feel better soon!!!! Keep the shampooer until you don't need it-- just remember to fumigate it before you return it! Haha.

CLOROX wipes--LOTS of Clorox wipes!

Unknown said...

Praying for you girl!

BoldLion said...

HUG to you all! I am still praying for you all! They are so bless to have you!

Hungry to eat His Word,
'Guerite ~ BoldLion

The Taras' said...

HA HA! I love your sense of humor! :o)