Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Winter Art

After Karis expressed her love of "doing art" like Ms. Lori does, I decided it was time to reach out of my comfort zone and "do some art!" Thanks to some great ideas from some websites from Lori and my other friend Tess, we have been successful at our first attempts. (I have even realized that I like to paint and draw among other things). I defiantly still feel more at home on the a softball field, basketball court, or a workout room, but hey, branching out isn't so bad. (I have no dreams of being an artist, but maybe one day Karis will be). I am thankful for my friends who have encouraged me and spurred me on in this, but mostly I love seeing my little girls eyes light up when she is "creating her masterpiece!"

Without further adieu, here are two of our latest projects:

Our first project was a snowman family portrait. Karis and I did this one.



I am sure you can guess which one is mine, Karis' snowmen are much skinnier than mine!


Next, we did penguin in the snow after studying them. Karis and Noah did these. I had to help Noah a lot, but he really enjoyed the "paint that got all over him!"

2 comments:

BoldLion said...

I love to see their art work! It is so wonderful to have friends to teach you how to do the art work too.

Hungry to eat His Word,
'Guerite ~ BoldLion

Unknown said...

Cute!!!