Friday, October 02, 2009

Ten Years Ago....

Ten years ago today
A new chapter in my life began,
As I stood before family and friends
And married the most godly man.
Your passion and love for Christ
Is and was so contagious and pure,
It was the first thing I noticed
And what drew my heart to yours.
Here are ten pictures that represent 10 wonderful, exciting, adventurous, sometimes hard, and always fun years. May these memories of God's grace in our lives and marriage remind us from where our strength and love for each other come from, Him.


Mr. and Mrs. Justin Childers

Our wedding day, October 2, 1999

Hanging at my parents house with our first dog, Josiah.


Rangers baseball game when we were in seminary.


Celebrating a friend's wedding while still in seminary.


Graduation from seminary 2004


Thanksgiving 2005 at my parents house.


My handsome husband sporting his necklace from Karis.


Easter 2009 with the whole family. Justin is such an amazing, loving father, I couldn't ask for anything more.

Our journey in on this day in 1999 started with a kiss so my memories will end with a kiss. I pray God continues to give us many more years together, they have only grown more special and sweet.
I love you Justin more than words can say, and what I said at the beginning still rings true: I married the most godly man, who spurs me on daily and continues to love me in spite of my faults. It is an honor to be your wife, and I am so blessed to be first HIS then YOURS.
"Glorify the Lord with me, let us exalt His name together."
Psalm 34:3


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your marriage is such a wonderful picture of God's love...praise the Lord for you both - happy anniversary! :)

-Keri and Brent

BoldLion said...

Happy Anniversary!

You are very bless to have Justin and the children in your life!

May the Lord continue to bless your marriage with Justin!

Hungry to eat His Word,
'Guerite ~ BoldLion

Rob Tombrella said...

great post jeanna---we are reading it together and celebrate with you guys. You mean so much to us. We've had a lot of great memories and hope to have many more together. In Christ...rob and michelle...

Lori said...

Congratulations on 10 years! God is good!

The Bente Family said...

Awww!! Happy Anniversary!!!