Friday, July 31, 2009

Menu Planning Again

Well, August is upon us, and July is over. After a long month and going way over the budget, my parents were here for a week and we went on vacation, I have seriously decided that I WILL, NO MATTER WHAT STICK TO THE BUDGET THIS MONTH. I don't know why I have such a hard time, maybe my planning is not good or I just get in a rut for meals and don't want to cook what I have planned for that day. So after much deliberation, I plan on doing this for the month, making each day a certain type of food, except for next week, because we will be at soccer camp from 5:30-8:00pm everyday. The kids will have to eat before we go, and I will have to have something. I will also need some snacks for when they get home. Anyone have any suggestions? I can always use the help.



Here is my strategy this month:

Monday: Italian

Tuesday: Mexican

Wednesday: crock pot

Thursday: grill

Friday: pizza/new recipe

Saturday: leftovers/grill

Sunday: leftovers/ out to eat

We shall see if this helps. This week we are having a soccer camp, so the menu will be out of commission, but I will start hard next week. I stocked up on fruit and veggies for snacks and dinner. I am planning on making a few big lunches this week in place of a big dinner since we will have to be at camp by 5:30 every night. I have also planned a budget for my grocery budget. I am going to try and spend only $150 every two weeks. This gives me a little extra at the end of the month and for months that are longer than four weeks. Hopefully this will help. It is the 3rd and I have already spent $130 on groceries, however, I did get all of my meat and most everything else, besides milk and fresh fruit and veggies for next week. I have $20 left to spend next week.

Hope everyone is having a great Monday, off to laundry.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That's a great idea theming your nights like that-let me know if it works out! I always have such good intentions for menu planning and who knows where they go?! Sometimes I think I just enjoy thinking about and organizing these things more than actually implementing them. Good luck!

The Taras' said...

Wow! $150/two weeks! I budget $125 per week. I must be doing something WRONG! Though that does include all of the other things like detergent, cleaning supplies, toiletries, etc. Plus maybe its cheaper there than it is here? IDK. One thing I do though, is make enough dinner to last two nights. I don't cook every day- and we just have sandwhiches and stuff for lunch.