Thursday, November 08, 2007

Big Bows and School!

For those of you who know me well, you know that I am not into BIG bows for my little girl. I have always made fun of my friends when they put BIG bows in their girl's hair, thinking that the little girl's head would tip over from the weight of the bow! My best friend Laura has always just laughed me off, so this post is mainly for her. I have now entered the world of BIG bows, at least to my standards. I went to get Karis a brown bow the other day and the next size from what she usually wears was all they had in brown. I must say, I think it looks very cute, but I do not for see the bows getting any bigger!!
We have also been doing what we call "school" about two to three times a week. She likes it very much and asked to do it more often than that. Usually we do something with numbers, talk about a letter and its sounds, use a certain color, etc.

Karis is concentrating very hard as she counts the dots of each index card. She then put the number in order from 1-10. This is the best picture of the bow.

Here is just a front picture of the bow and her telling me she was all done!

She has learned how to draw an A. I am so glad that she enjoys school now, we will see how it goes from here on out!

Laura, I hope you enjoyed Karis' bow pictures. I bet Jaime would enjoy seeing Karis is a BIG bow.

7 comments:

The Taras' said...

Hey Jeanna!

I don't know if they have these where you live...but I was trying hard to teach Naomi her letters and sounds- when we got her this ABC leapfrog video. After watching it like 3 times -she recognizes ALL of her letters and the sounds they make...and she started writing on her own. I was really amazed! I tried the flash card thing, but I just really wanted to pull my hair out. We were both really bored. But anyways, just a thought- they are really good.

SK said...

I think the hair bow looks cute and the A is really coming along.

Michelle said...

You are too funny about the whole bow thing...Karis looks very pretty in her "big" (it is so NOT big!)brown bow! And I am, as usual, very impressed with her learning. The A is very impressive too!

laura said...

wow! a post just for me!! you tell karis that she looks beautiful in her big (kinda big) bow- and it doesn't look like she's having a difficult time at all holding up her pretty head. my suggestion- two big bows- they balance each other out!! i'm also impressed with the A, in my book that is an A+ "A"- love you, laura
ps- enjoy the days of hairbows, b/c bethany thinks that they look "dorky" and she's only 5! (where did she learn the word "dorky"?!)

The Bente Family said...

She is gettting so big Jeanna!!! Looks like you guys are having fun learning & the bow is adorable, but I agree big bows are an, ummmmm ya!!! Love ya!!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful bow! You really are branching out, but I have to agree with you on the sizes. ha! I use to put huge bows in Abbey's hair.. we don't do that with Catherine. I looked back at pictures and thought, "What was I thinking?!" ha!

How impressive.. she's doing a great job in school. She also looks like she really enjoys it!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I second the Leap Frog videos.. Abbey learned her ABC's from that video.. she loved it!