Friday, March 09, 2012

Thanksgiving on Thursday

Yesterday, Thursday March 8, our family received a miracle from the Lord, but let me back up and tell you how the story begins.

A few weeks ago, my dad fell and hit his side on the end of a boat while he was out fishing with a friend. After a few days, and continual pain, he went to get an x-ray to see if he had cracked his rib. The doctor found a mass on my dad's lung in the top right corner. After a CT scan a few days later, the word cancer again entered into our family.

My dad has lung cancer. Yes, our family had already received one miracle where cancer was concerned, my niece Brooklynn is now five years cancer free! The news really hit me hard, not because of the cancer but because I am so far away. The distance between my heart and my dad seemed to be such a huge chasm to jump through, but thankfully, God's peace weaved its way in my heart through much prayer. I found great peace, hope, and comfort in Isaiah 43.

But now thus says the LORD,
he who created you, O Jacob,
he who formed you, O Israel;
"Fear not, for I have redeemed you;
I have called you by name, you are mine.
When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;
and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you;
when you walk through fire you shall not be burned,
and the flame shall not consume you.
For I am the LORD your God,
the Holy One of Israel, your Savior."
-Isaiah 43:1-3a




After a PET scan and MRI, Thursday's news was another miracle for our family: NO CANCER ANYWHERE ELSE! Praise the Lord! The doctor will do surgery and remove the tumor on March 23. It was such a relief for me to book my plane ticket to Texas yesterday and finally know exactly when I will be able to wrap my arms around this most wonderful man, my dad!

Thank you so much for all the prayers and please continue to pray that the surgery goes well.

This trial has grown my faith and trust in our Savior and made Him more precious every minute. His peace and promise to always work everything for our good allowed me to face this trial with joy, no matter the outcome. Thank you Lord!

No comments: