Monday, September 05, 2011

Waiting

Waiting.
I am waiting.
Why is this thing so hard: waiting for our turn, standing in line at the grocery store, staring at the phone waiting, hoping it will ring.
Even if the news is bad, it is still news. Whatever words are spoken will at least stop the waiting.

It is in these times that I find myself clinging to my Savior, to the one who patiently waits on his children to save them, grow them, mature them.
There is no where else to turn, no one else who holds the world that He created, in His hand. He is the only One who can bring rain and wash away my waiting.

The phone is still silent, but my heart is grasping for my Savior and crying out to Him to stop these fires that are burning and demolishing woods, homes, and towns. The fires that could have already engulfed my parents house, my sister-in-laws parents and sister's houses, and so many families I grew up with. As my heart cries out for them, the Lord reminds me:

"I wait for the Lord, my soul waits,
and in His word I hope:
My soul waits for the Lord
more than the "watchmen for the morning,
more than the watchmen for the morning."
Psalm 130:5-6

God will free us from our waiting when He is ready. Whatever the outcome, I (we) must hope in Him and His Word. He will not forsake us, He will renew us, He will give us the strength we need, He is love, He is patient, and He waits for us to come to Him and lay it all down.

May I find peace and thankfulness in waiting, knowing that only His grace can see me through.

No comments: