Friday, July 22, 2011

For Brooklynn


Six years ago
God rocked our world,
Cancer invaded
A dear baby girl.

We felt her pain
And together hoped,
In the Only One
Who could help us cope.

Our days are numbered
He holds us in His hands,
How could we question
His sovereign plan?

She belonged to God
And He loved her most,
When He spared her life
Only in Him could we boast.

He has given you
Five healthy years, my precious niece
A gift from God
And His wonderful peace.


Brooklynn, I thank God for you. On your five year anniversary of being cancer free, my hair is only a small token of my love for you and the One who is in control of ALL things. I love you sweet Brook.

2 comments:

pastor justin said...

Excellent. I love being married to you (short or long or no hair).

The Bente Family said...

You're so sweet Jean, you made me tear up!! Love and miss you!!