Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Spring Soccer is Here!

Spring soccer is in full swing here at the Childers' house. Karis is playing for her third season, first time playing in the spring, and our family is again enjoying being involved in sports. I cannot help looking forward to cheering our team on: Go Midnight Express! I cannot help being surprised and proud of Karis as she matures and learns how to be a TEAM player. For the first time, Karis made a great pass to her teammate almost resulting in a goal. She still likes playing "keeper" or goalie, since I only played soccer until junior high, I am not totally in the lingo for the names of each position. However, I remember how irritated I used to get when people called it a spike in volleyball when it was called a "hit or kill." (sorry for the side note!)

The Princess Destroyers are currently 1-1. Our first game, Karis scored her first two goals. I realized that I have failed as a homeschooling mom when the referee asked her how to spell her last name and she said, "I don't know." She knows now!

I have also loved seeing Karis open up and make new friends. It is a joy to see your child grow and the fruits of you labors. She made a card for her coach, and it said "I love you and God loves you."








While Karis practices and plays, Noah likes kicking the soccer ball and watching. At our game last week, Noah encountered bleachers for the first time. After specifically telling him not to go past the first bleacher, I heard a very loud bump, then a hair raising cry. Here is what he looked like a few days later.




After comforting him and holding him, he looked at Justin and said, "I won't do that again." Maybe he really learned his lesson. Maybe sometimes Mommy and Daddy are right, imagine that!




No comments: