Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Sitting Up, Crawling and Learning to Share

My sweet Noah is moving way too fast for this mommy. As I have shared before, he is totally mobile now, crawling, sitting himself up, and going after whatever he sees. The word "no" has now become a word in his vocabulary. Not only is he mobile, he is now teaching his sister how to share her toys. Karis loves having Noah around, as long as he isn't messing up her toys or playing with them. She is having to learn that her toys are not hers, they are God's, which she tells me all the time except when Noah is trying to get them. I am enjoying seeing them interact. Karis really wants to teach Noah how to do things, she just wants him to leave her "creations" alone.
At six months old, aren't babies just supposed to be learning how to sit up? I am going to have to start baby proofing everything pretty soon, he is already crawling into the kitchen. I never really had to baby proof anything with Karis, she didn't get into things. I can't remember her opening cabinets or getting things in the bathroom, I think Noah is going to be my explorer!
What a blessing these two children are. I have learned so much from them, and God continues to show me His unending love as He gives me love, patience, and wisdom in raising these precious gifts from Him!
We are getting excited about our trip to Texas in just five more days!! I cannot wait to see everyone and let them meet Noah!

5 comments:

Courtney said...

I can't believe he is already crawling!! Andrew just barely sat up at 6 months and crawled at 9months. It's funny that Karis won't share her toys. I'm interested to see how Andrew does with sharing when it comes to Kaitlin moving around, too! Have a great trip to Texas and if you're in this area, let me know!!

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the world of BOYS! ha! You sound exactly like us. I never had to child proof anything with Abbey and she would cry when I told her no. It was FABULOUS! Walter is the total opposite! It's fun seeing 2 sides of the same gene pool! Have fun!

Michelle said...

I can't believe he is doing so much already! Welcome to the world of boys!
We are back in TX now...sad to know we are so far away from you again, but this really is your "home" so I know you have to come visit each year! Are you here already...I can't remember when you are coming.
Miss you!

laura said...

i can't wait to get my arms around you (and your kids of course!!) sam is into a lot as well- but he hasn't yet mastered the sitting himself back up from scooting around. i see an early walker in your future!

Crystal @ A Well-Feathered Nest said...

Oh, he is so precious. I think it's definitely a boy thing to be into everything, but I can't imagine having to baby-proof that early!

I've been thinking about you lately as I've had struggles with the decision to keep nursing our new babe or not. In my obsessing over it I was grasping for someone--anyone who could understand what I was feeling.