Monday, June 25, 2007

We are still alive!

Karis and I got to experience her first time of throwing up. Karis got to experience the nature of the beast, and I got to watch her plead with me "no more Mommy." She woke up from her nap on Saturday with throw up all over her, the bed, the floor, etc. Thank goodness Justin was home to clean it up, I don't do well with throw up. For the next four hours Karis threw up about every 30 minutes. Poor thing, it was so sad watching her sad little face. We spent most of the night awake trying to stay as far away from Justin as possible, since he had to preach on Sunday morning. By Sunday afternoon, Karis was feeling much more like herself. I was glad to have my girl back. It is hard to watch your two year old be sick and not really be able to do anything but hold them.
On Monday night, I started feeling bad and all day yesterday I was sick. I am praying that Justin doesn't get the stomach bug. Hopefully I kept him away from Karis and I enough that he won't get it. We are fortunate that it only lasted about 6 hours each. Being pregnant and sick, you forget how much you just want to take an Advil!
Thank you Carol for bringing dinner and Gatorade for us. Thank you Denise for coming and getting Karis yesterday so I could rest. Our church family is such a blessing to us. We love you all very much.

2 comments:

The Taras' said...

Oh wow, it must be going around! Even across state lines! Noami had it too on Monday! It was awful, she has never been that sick. She kept saying "mommy, I dont want to "grow up" (throw up) it was sad. She cried and slept all day long. And now she is fine. I am thankful that we didnt catch it from her...

I am glad thta you guys are feeling better!

Courtney said...

How horrible! I am glad that you are all feeling better and you were able to get some rest and have someone cook for you. God gives us relief in the small things, too!